07 November, 2011

"I'll be forever grateful" - Seán Óg Ó hAilpín speaks about returning to Cork's senior hurling panel

Follow hoogenband0110 on Twitter

RETURN OF THE KING: Seán Óg Ó hAilpín is set to return
              Cork hurling icon Seán Óg Ó hAilpín has admitted he never expected to pull on the Rebel jersey again, after being cut from the squad by outgoing Cork senior hurling manager Denis Walsh last season.           
            Seán Óg was recalled to the set-up by returning Cork hurling supremo Jimmy Barry-Murphy and has spoken of his delight to return to Cork Christmas annual: "Holly Bough." 
Seán Óg captained Cork to 2005 All-Ireland
"I was ecstatic when I got the call.  I never believed I'd get a second chance and I'll be forever grateful to Jimmy Barry-Murphy for this opportunity."
            The three-time All-Ireland winner hopes to contribute to the development of the young guns on the panel next season. 
"I want to perform to the best of my ability and hopefully get the Cork hurling team back to winning ways, and to help and encourage younger players to be the best they can be."            
             He is confident Cork hurling can recover after a bleak few years. 
"With hard work and perserverence, Cork will once again return to winning ways.  The Cork footballers proved that in 2010."
Follow hoogenband0110 on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment