05 May, 2011

"Every time I play, I play for Cork"

Follow hoogenband0110 on Twitter
Another three points for Ronan O'Gara
Ronan O'Gara received the Freedom of Cork City last night.  The Bishopstown native was humbled by yesterday's honour bestowed on him at a Civic reception in his honour.
The out-half spoke emotionally about what it meant to him to be honoured in such a way by his fellow Corkonians. 
"It's a huge honour and to receive the honour from my own means so much to me and my family," said Irish rugby's all-time leading points scorer.
Special celebration for Ronan O'Gara last night
He also highlighted the fact that he takes his Corkness with him where ever he goes and wears that character as part of his uniform, be it in the red of Munster, green of Ireland or even as a Lion.
"I continue to drive on in the pursuit of excellence every time I take the field and foremost in my thoughts are representing Cork."
"That's what makes it so great about sport in Cork, be it rugby, soccer or GAA.  There's a big drive to do well for Cork."
Follow hoogenband0110 on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment