22 February, 2011

French influence will help Cork City:

Follow hoogenband0110 on Twitter
Vincent-Candau goes for goal
Cork City's new French midfielder Vincent Escude-Candau says the Rebel Army's target for this season is promotion to the Premier Division. The 25-year-old has vowed to do everything he can to bring success to the club.
"I want to give my best for the team and the club every week and I already have a good feeling about Cork," said the man who has been capped by France at U-19 level.
"I know Roman Boco is up at Sligo Rovers and I spoke with Paul Cook as well and they both told me that Cork is a good club with a good manager and I wanted to play football in Ireland this year. It is my first time in Ireland and in Cork but I think it will be good for me and it will be a good experience," - continued the man who has signed a one-year contract with City. 
The addition of the right-sided midfielder will certainly increase competition for places in the actual team and has added a touch of quality, and indeed; Gallic flair to the squad. 

Candau celebrates banging one in for City
"I like the people and the country and I like the set-up here at Cork City"

"The people I spoke with told me that the football is good here and that's why I've come," said Vincent, who scored on his debut against league champions Shamrock Rovers. "I enjoyed that game and it was nice to score against the league champions. The standard was better than I expected, but I knew the standard was high before I came to Cork."
Vincent was born in Pau and played in France's third-tier with Bayonne in the south-west of France for the last three years.  "I have made 15 appearances for France from U16 to U19 level. I like the people and the country and I like the set-up here at Cork City. They are a young team and they have all made me feel welcome, I will settle in here well and I will integrate easily,"  says the Basque.

Follow hoogenband0110 on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment