04 December, 2010

The genius of Seán Óg Ó hAilpín:


The one and only Seán Óg Ó hAilpín (Top & Below)

Seán Óg Ó hAilpín has said he will not become involved in inter-county management.

"I’d have no appetite for it. My forte is working with young kids. That’s what I see myself doing. If you get a young kid, you can do many positive things with him, tell him something that you think is beneficial to him.


"Ego comes in to it. Egos in sport, especially male egos, are hard to deal with. I know all about it. I’ve been in dressing rooms with egos. It’s a dangerous thing. But a young kid, he’s more innocent, more naive. He’s just going out there for enjoyment. There’s no hidden agendas.

"So do I see myself involved with Cork in years to come? No.



This story appeared in "The Irish Examiner", November 16th, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment