04 December, 2010

Wise words from the "Greatest of All Time" in these hard (economic) times:

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career.
I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times I've been trusted to to take the game-winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over and over again.
And that is why I succeed.
If you are afraid to fail, then you will never succeed."
- says the Greatest of All Time: Michael Jordan


The Greatest of All Time

Fair enough; our lists of accomplishments will never come close to Jordan's, but by the looks of it; neither will our list of failures!

I think the nicest tribute to Jordan is the fact that so many top sports people in so many sports (from David Beckham to Carlos Tevez to a myriad of other superstar sports stars) wear the "Number 23" for their teams just so they can wear the same number that Jordan wore. And why was Jordan number 23? According to the man himself speaking after winning his sixth NBA World Championship: "I learned everything I know from my brother and I could only ever hope to be half the player that he was. My brother was Number 45, half 45 is 23 so that's my number" - amazing how a man earning US$1.2million PER WEEK could still be so humble.



Just what it says on the tin: "A shot for the ages"



Just another day at the office for "Air Jordan"

No comments:

Post a Comment